2010-06-13

Oregon Live Literary Calendar 7 p.m. Mon, June 14. - Sujatha Hampton @ Powell's Books, Cedar Hills Crossing, 3415 S.W. Cedar Hills Blvd., Beaverton; www.powells.com or 503-228-4651

"As It Was Written": Sujatha Hampton reads from the book about the journey of an Indian American family. 7 p.m. Mon, June 14. Powell's Books at Cedar Hills Crossing, 3415 S.W. Cedar Hills Blvd., Beaverton; www.powells.com or 503-228-4651

"As It Was Written" by Sujatha Hampton is a wonderful dark sad beautiful and sometimes funny book that took me by surprise. The way in which the characters express their love and their feelings with and without words showed me lessons I knew but had forgotten and things I thought I knew but clearly did not. DON'T SPEED READ THIS BOOK. It is so beautifully written take your time and savour every word. I came upon this author on Twitter and then found her on Facebook and enjoy her mindworks and her wit. She is telling a story on her 'Sujatha Hampton Fan Club' page (on FB ) which is so different from 'As It Was Written' that it makes me long for her next book. I have set up a Google alert for "Sujatha Hampton" , I suggest you do the same (-: Good book this!!

Reply Post new

Posted via web from projectbrainsaver